Le Diner En Blanc Atlanta is one of the most anticipated events of the year. Over 2,600 guests all dressed in white converged on the new Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Downtown Atlanta, to take in breathtaking views of the city while noshing on their own gourmet bites. This was Le Diner En Blanc Atlanta’s fourth year and it proved to be more grand than years past.
Launched in Paris in 1988 by François Pasquier and a handful of friends, Le Dîner en Blanc which was once a “friends and word-of-moth only” event, is now worldwide celebrated on six continents. Guests gather in a secret location for the purpose of sharing a gourmet meal in their city’s most beautiful public spaces.
What I find most interesting about this event is that every single detail is kept secret. Guests are brought in from around town to the secret location where you then set up your table that is adorned with creatively elegant and sometimes elaborate decor, gourmet food and champagne.
The evening was filled with visually astonishing moments that included the waving of a white cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner. I was able to partake in the VIP media area where there was an impressive spread of fine meats, cheeses, spreads and dips. We were also treated to an array of wine in addition to champagne from Le Diner En Blanc Atlanta sponsor Lanson Champagne.
While enjoying dinner, we were treated to live music and cirque performances which were spectacular and over the top. I LOVED it! As we moved into the next phase of the evening, the lighting of the sparklers signaled to us that we were now free to mingle and dance. That is when the party really began! We danced to tunes that ranged from pop to hip-hop while sipping champagne.
Although this was my first year at Le Diner En Blanc Atlanta, it certainly won’t be my last! It was amazing to see everyone in their all white and dressed to impress. The idea of a large picnic held in a secret location, really adds to the excitement of it all.
What you need to know about Le Diner En Blanc Atlanta:
- Dress code: Elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
- Table setting: All white!
- To ensure that the location is kept undisclosed until last-minute, guests meet at assigned departure locations and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
- In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
- A table, two white chairs, white tablecloth.
- A picnic basket comprising of fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware. A catered picnic basket option is available.
- Champagne and/or wine only. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited.
More information can be found here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Until next time…Happy Eating!! xoxo